Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You learn something new every day

Today I learned that mountain biking is much more difficult when there are actual mountains involved (and not just some hilly forest). I took Temperence/Tempe (my bike) out to this secluded area of the Pheonix Mtn Preserve today. J and I had gone hiking there a couple weekends ago and it was so beautiful and serene compared to Camelback which is the big tourist area mountain. The weather was gorgeous today, 80s and sunny with a light breeze (which, compared to yesterday when I had to scrape ice of my car in the morning, was a vast improvement). All in all I went about 12+ miles in about 1.5hrs. There were frequent breaks and a handful of "oops, can't quite make it up this slope", as well as a few more bruises and a little less skin than I started with. It was an amazing trip. Enjoy (be jealous of) pictures below.

February was filled with a lot of sickness in my apt (mostly by me, but also some my bro and SIL). Happily, the beginning of March greeted us all with wellness and sunshine :) OH! News that must be shared... My sister is getting married!! Juice and her long time bf (7yrs!) took a trip to Boston near Valentine's Day and he surprised her with an elaborate and tricky plan. I'm super excited to go to Chicago at the end of April to go dress shopping with The Box and The Mom, but even more excited for their wedding June 2012!!!! YAY!!



Safety First


No comments:

Post a Comment