It's been a busy month. I've been getting situated and acclimated to life in Phoenix.
Work at Mayo is going really well. Life on the infusion side of things is definitely different, but I'm really liking it so far. The people are really nice for the most part, but there aren't any male nurses on the unit so the estrogen level is really high, which leads to some catty attitudes. Such is life in my profession tho.
I must say, Phoenix in winter is rather enjoyable :) I've spent most lunch breaks sitting on the patio outside the caf basking in the sunshine... without a coat. Living with my bro and SIL has been really nice. It's nice to come home to family (and usually dinner) and just relax. J and I have been hiking on Camelback... I have since bought myself some hiking boots and a camelbak hydration pack for future endeavors. The canal/trail is about a mile up the road, so I took a little 6miler bike ride last weekend. I'm looking forward to longer excursions. I hope that they're enjoying my company even half as much as I am theirs. I try to give them space and not get in the way. Tuesdays are my day off so I do errands and cook dinner that day. It's a small contribution (esp since I'm not a very good cook), but with the help of my "I Don't Know How to Cook Book" I think I'm doing okay.
This weekend I will fly to St Louis then drive to Springfield, IL to spend some more time with my Godfamily :) I'm really excited to see them again so soon. I pray that all the airline/weather stuff has worked itself out by Saturday morning :)
No comments:
Post a Comment