Monday, December 20, 2010

Frustration

Today was my last day working out with my trainer Dana here in Ann Arbor. Being that our time was at an end, we did measurements and such to check my progress. Almost all of my measurements are the same, except that my arms went down by 2 smthgs on the calipers. My weight went the opposite of down. I know that muscle weighs more than fat n all that jazz, but it's completely disheartening to look at the scale after doing all that work, only to see a number I've never seen before. I'm much stronger now, and I physically feel better; but somehow that doesn't keep me from wanting to hit something... or cry... or both. A few notable achievements, I can do 3 sets of 12 reps bicep curls with a 40pound bar; 2-3 sets of 12 chest fly with 2 25pound weights; and both of those are more than my trainer.

All I really know, is that I'm going to be happy starting a new job where my butt's not stuck in a chair 8hrs/day 5days/wk. The most walking I do at this current job is the 5min it takes to get to/from my car.

I'm just really really frustrated :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment