Sunday, December 11, 2011

Boston winter?

I don't quite feel right calling it winter. Last week it was 60*. It snowed once back in October, but nothing since then. I'm really hoping it snows (and sticks) before I leave this city. I want to walk through Boston Common and see the trees draped in white.

My time in Boston has been interesting. When I first got here, I was feeling pretty low and lonely. There was no pack of travelers to go through orientation with, not many young people working on the unit, and far far from home. Eventually I made a couple friends on the unit that I can hang out with outside of work.

Some hightlights of my time here: Trip to Kennebunkport, ME (even though it was raining), walking the Freedom Trail (multiple times), seeing Chris Carrabba (Dashboard Confessional) in a small venue acoustic performance, and a ferry trip to Nantucket with a new friend :)
I'm also looking forward to spending next weekend my good friend Kayla. We've known each other since we were 13 and I love when we can hang out, even if it's only once every year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment